CK Group are recruiting for an Applications Scientist on behalf of a global blue chip diagnostics company, to be based at their site near Newcastle on a permanent basis.
Our client is a leading medical diagnostics organisation, with global reputation for the design, manufacture and marketing of innovative in vitro diagnostic systems and biomedical technology for the progress of healthcare and medical science.
This Applications Scientist role is based within easy commuting distance of Newcastle, and is well served by major road links, making it accessible from anywhere within North East England. There is on site free parking provided, and there is a regular bus service to the site.
Applications Scientist Role: The main purpose of your role will be to support the R&D and Software departments with various tasks related to the development and testing of capillary electrophoresis products.
Your duties will include:
- Assisting in the developmentand testing of cutting edge clinical analysers including instrumentation, chemical kits and software
- Assisting in researching, developing and testing of new assays
- Investigations into the current manufacturing procedures to aid in their optimisation
- Aiding in the development and testing of user software.
- Keeping technical files up-to-date to assist in product registration and FDA submissions.
- Creating and supporting novel analytical methods based primarily around Capillary Electrophoresis (CE).
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to PhD level (or possess equivalent experience) in a life sciences or analytical chemistry based discipline
- A creative and intellectually curious approach to work, capable of engaging with complex multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience in capillary electrophoresis would be highly beneficial, but not essential for this position.
Entitlement to work in theUK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Applications Scientist position, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3706486 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click the link below to apply online now. Please quote reference 50517.