Antibody Development Scientist
CK Group are recruiting for a Antibody Development Scientist, to join a leading biopharmaceutical organisation at their research and development facilities located in Slough, on an initial 12-month contract.
The Company: Our client is a globalbiopharmaceutical company whose medicine treats thousands of patients around the world who live with severe diseases.
Location: This role is located on a well-established biopharma R&D facility based in Slough. There are good transport links whether you drive or even use public transport. Slough is a great place to live and work and is easily commutable from Reading, Oxford and London.
Your main duties will be to:
- Planning and execution of in vitro display library selections and immune repertoire screening experiments for the discovery of antibodies.
- Generation of high quality NGS datasets to support computational discovery approaches.
- Collaborate effectively with other teams at UCB including protein biochemists, structural biologists, computational scientists and CADD scientists.
- Perform a range of antibody binding assays to assess specificity and affinity.
- A PhD with extensive protein biochemistry knowledge ideally within the antibody space.
- An understanding of antibody repertoire sequencing (NGS) or analysis is required.
- An understanding of in vitro display technologies and/or other antibody discovery techniques would be an advantage.
- Experience of biochemical techniquesused for molecular characterization such as ELISA, FACS, SPR or BLI is essential.
- Skills in the use of informatic and other computational platforms in antibody discovery e.g. either in the context of structural biology and/or analysis of next generation sequencing data would be an advantage.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jade Stirk at CK Science on 0191 384 8906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference 49604.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.