Natalie Wood is recruiting for an Analytical Technician to join a growing organisation that operates primarily within the contact lens industry at their site based in Haverhill on a permanent basis.
From their multi-purpose production facility, they manufacture and supply approximately 100 products to over 60 customers in Europe, Asia and the Americas. Currently focusing mainly on the contract industry, although they aim to be an ambitious, forward thinking, independent European distributor & manufacturer of branded and own brand products for the Nutrition, Care Products and Industrial Market Sectors by 2025.
This role is located in Haverhill. The site is easily commutable from Cambridge, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire & Essex.
Your main duties will be:
- Structured scheduled maintenance of Ailment GC, HPLC and GPC systems.
- Providing cover in the QC lab for staff holidays/sickness and during busy periods.
- Providing analytical support to the Analytical Chemist (GC, HPLC, GPC analysis, titrations and other specialist tests) as required.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Minimum qualification of A Levels (Ideally Chemistry, Maths and Physics).
- Someone who is eager and keen to learn new skills.
- A team player, but capable of working autonomously with a strong work ethic
- Flexible, reliable, methodical, and well organised.
- Literate and numerate.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong IT and practical skills
Desirable, but not essential:
- Higher level qualification, HNC or BSc (in Chemistry or similar).
- Full, clean driving license.
- Experience working in a commercial laboratory environment.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46175 in all correspondence.