Analytical Technician - Liverpool
Rob Walker at CK Science is recruiting for an Analytical Technician to join a global pharmaceutical and veterinary health manufacturer. This is a full time 6 month contract position.
As an Analytical Technician the main purpose of your role will be to support the testing of new and existing veterinary products. The role will be predominantly laboratory based, with some office based work required to maintain results databases and communicate results to the customer teams.
Further responsibilities of this Analytical Technician position include:
- Testing of routine and ad hoc process and development samples using techniques such as HPLC, GC, UV and wet chemistry methods.
- Development and maintenance of databases and spreadsheets to record sample results and performance trends.
- Communication of sample results, within agreed timeframes and using agreed formats, to the customer groups.
- Maintaining the laboratory environment in excellent order, in compliance with Health & Safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Maintaining laboratory work books in a legible & logical order, in compliance with good laboratory practices (GLP).
- Working with Process Flow Team (PFT) representatives to agree test methods, sampling plans and results communication, for ad hoc testing and Project support activities.
- Ordering of lab consumables, raw materials and other essential items supporting lab operation.
- Working with Engineering personnel to identify and diagnose lab equipment operational, calibration and reliability issues and to support the routine preventative maintenance programmes.
- Issuing of Task Safety Assessments (TSA's) and Permit to Work (PtW) for low risk tasks in the lab environment. Developing a basic understanding of current Elanco commercial manufacturing processes to aid identification of appropriate test methodologies.
As an Analytical Technician, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Candidates will ideally have a BSc or equivalent in a relevant Chemistry discipline, and be able to demonstrate their industrial and HPLC experience within a pharmaceutical environment.
- Able to work alone with minimal supervision
- Recent experience in HPLC and / or GC
- Able to demonstrate good written and verbal communication
- Able to make most efficient uses of resources and ensure deadlines are met
- Able to systematically troubleshoot problems and make appropriate decisions
- Demonstrated initiative, working towards continuous improvement activities
For more information or to apply for this Analytical Technician position please contact Rob Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH32445 in all correspondence.