Analytical Support Scientist - Swindon
CK Group are recruiting for a QC Scientist to join a company which is a global provider of drug delivery technology and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products for a 6 month contract which may be extended.
Our client are the world's number one drug development, delivery and supply partner with over 80 years of experience. They have helped thousands of innovators by optimising and manufacturing thousands of pharmaceutical, biologic, consumer health and beauty products utilising their superior and innovative drug delivery technologies to improve their value to patients and consumers.
The position of QC Analyst is located in Swindon, a large town in Wiltshire, South West England, between Bristol to the West and Reading to the East. Swindon railway station is on the Paddington Line from London to Bristol. The town has something for everyone from its quiet courtyards and alleyways to a vibrant mix of traditional shops and pubs alongside modern outlets and stylish cafes and bars.
Your main duties will be:
To assist in the development and validation of analytical methods to support cleaning validation testing for new products. To conduct cleaning validation swab testing and analysis in accordance with approved methods and protocols. Duties to include:
- To comply with all internal EH&S requirements.
- To ensure all tasks are conducted in accordance with defined Risk & COSHH assessments and that they are carried out with regard to the safety of others.
- To comply with all site GMP requirements.
- To understand and comply with Data Integrity requirements.
- Taking personal responsibility to ensure adequately trained to execute assigned tasks.
- Ensuring with guidance from line management, that all data is checked for accuracy, approved and reported in a timely manner in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure that all automated Compliance Wire training is completed within the defined timeframe.
- Ability to follow detailed work instructions, including analytical methods and SOP's.
- Have a working knowledge of Agilent HPLC systems for general use and after use care of the instrument.
- To assist in the development of HPLC analytical methods in the support of cleaning validation.
- To assist in the writing of validation protocols and summary reports in support of method validation.
- To manage day to day tasks with minimal supervision.
- To clearly communicate regularly work status as required by line management.
- To assist the Analytical Support team in other duties as required.
- Ensure data is archived according to defined procedures.
- Performing any other reasonable duties as requested by Line Management.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Degree/MSc or equivalent in Chemistry or related subject.
- Ability to conduct basic analytical testing including reagent and reference standard preparation.
- Good understanding of the operation of HPLCs and analytical balances.
- Proven ability to development HPLC based analytical methods.
- Previous experience working in a laboratory to GMP standards.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Natasha on 01246 457739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference KA44107 in all correspondence.