CK Group are recruiting for an Analytical Scientist to join a specialist company providing inspection, calibration and testing services based in Staffordshire on a permanent basis.
You will be joining a dedicated team of scientists making measurements on gas mixtures using a range of bespoke gas chromatographs (GC-FID, GC-TCD, GCSCD), optical devices (near-IR, UV, chemiluminescence) and fuel-cell sensors. Your measurements will contribute to providing calibration and testing services of the highest metrological quality available in the industry.
- 18,000 - £23,000 per annum (based on experience).
Analytical Scientist Role: Your main duties will be to:
- Work as part of a team of scientists in the calibration and/or testing laboratories.
- Perform calibrations/tests according to the suite of ISO 17034 / ISO 17025 and ISO 17043 accredited technical methods and processes within the quality system.
- Work strictly in accordance with approved methods and procedures.
- Verify the validity of an instrument before and after conducting calibrations or tests.
- Verify and process calibration/test results and reporting any suspect results, repeating analyses when appropriate.
- Keep records of all information of practical relevance to the calibrations/tests you perform and in accordance with the quality system and technical methods.
- Generate reference material certificates and certificates of calibration and analysis for approval by a UKAS approved signatory.· Assist quality management with the continual development and improvement of laboratory quality system.
- Develop new and novel analytical methods for increasing the scope of the laboratory's competence and efficiency.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A degree in Chemistry (or a suitable science subject) is preferred or high grades in A levels in Science and Mathematics.
- Knowledge and experience of gas chromatography would be advantageous.
- Sound organisational ability with the capacity to work individually or within the team on many tasks concurrently.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Performance-based bonus scheme - after 12 months service.
- Company bonus scheme - after 12 months service.
- 25 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays.
- Company sick pay scheme.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Analytical Scientist position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 49965.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.