Analytical Scientist - Liverpool
CK Group are recruiting for an Analytical Scientist to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Liverpool on a contract basis for 12 months.
The Company: Our client is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. They have steadfastly remained independent, but not isolated. Our client is consistently ranked as one of the best companies in the world to work for, and generations of employees have sustained a culture that values excellence, integrity and respect for people.
Location: The role will be based at our clients site in Speke, an area of Liverpool close to the boundaries of the Metropolitan Borough of Knowsley. It is 7.7 miles south east of the city centre making it easily accessible via car and boasts great public transport links.
- Own and lead analytical projects within the ASC lab, ensuring that customers and management are regularly informed of progress and adherence to schedule.
- Lead and perform analytical method development and validation to GMP standards and second person data verification (2PV). Lead and perform troubleshooting, method variability reduction and method improvements as required. Lead activities associated with the creation, review and approval of method validation protocols and reports, test methods and associated procedures.
- Lead method transfer activities and provide expert training to Elanco / 3rd party laboratory staff QCL staff as required. Lead activities associated with the creation, review and approval of method transfer protocols and reports.
- Maintain professional skills and knowledge by keeping current with advances in analytical techniques, instrumentation and good practices. Utilise contacts with internal / external resources.
- Liaise with the following groups within the wider business Global Quality Laboratory team (Pharmacopoeial Reviews, Reference Standards and Global Specifications).
- Represent ASC laboratory at regulatory CMC meetings, GPLOT meetings, Escalation (EAC) meetings etc.
- Act as point of contact for technical questions during GMP audits (internal and external).
- Assist the EGQL leadership team in attaining a culture of world class customer service, world class quality, continuous improvement and a commitment to excellence within the ASC Laboratory.
- A minimum of an upper second class honours degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or Biochemistry (or related discipline).
- Experience of owning and leading analytical remediation.
- Strong, proven experience gained in a top tier pharmaceutical analytical environment.
- Strong technical understanding of HPLC, GC and ideally Dissolution.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Clear understanding of the expectations of GMP within a laboratory.
- Keen to join a dynamic environment which is both challenging and supportive.
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis techniques (eg JMP).
- Experience of Waters chromatographic integration package 'Empower' would be beneficial.
For more information or to apply for this role please contact Julie on 01438 723 500 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45526 in all correspondence.