Analytical Protein Chemist - Hertfordshire
James Horne at CK Science is recruiting for an Analytical Protein Chemist to join a Biopharmaceutical company at their site in Hertfordshire on a permanent basis. This role is offered with a salary of £35,000 - £45,000 per annum dependant upon experience.
Our client is developing a unique and innovative class of Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) therapy called Fragment Drug Conjugates (FDCs). Our client has developed their technology platform and are developing their first oncology products in areas of high clinical unmet need. This company has an advanced and focussed approach which will create a major opportunity to bring differentiating products for solid cancers into clinical development.
Our client is currently closing its first major funding and partnering round, making it a very exciting opportunity to join the team.
This role is located in Stevenage, easily commutable from both Cambridge and London.
Your main duties will be:- Coordinating with protein production scientists and synthetic chemists in order to analyse samples that will supply others for in vitro and in vivo studies.
- Working to tight deadlines to analyse samples through a variety of methods including LCMS.
- Developing, validating and using analytical methods to calculate DAR using LCMS.
- Developing, validating and using analytical methods to study ADCs using HPLC.
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge and skills in technical R&D areas related to Antibodies and Antibody-drug conjugates.
- Communicating technical knowledge both internally and externally with staff and collaborators at internal meetings, presentations and conferences.
- Adhering to GLP.
- Liaising with contract research organisations and participate in multiple projects as required.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A strong chemistry/protein chemistry background.
- Method development / validation for LCMS / HPLC.
- Basic practical biochemistry techniques such as handling proteins, buffer exchange, SDS PAGE etc.
- Willing to pitch in to help fulfil project deadlines.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working.
- Share options.
- Pension Scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Access to subsidised restaurant, shop, sports centre, and shuttle bus to and from Stevenage station.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact James on 0191 384 8905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44465 in all correspondence.