Tenni Cole-Etti at CK Science is currently working with a Specialist Manufacturer in the field of Ocular Science to recruit an Analytical Chemist to join their site in Hampshire on a full time, permanent basis.
The analytical team will be responsible for method development and validation of GC, HPLC and LC/MS and GC/MS methods for the analysis of organic and silicone containing materials (predominantly monomers and macromers) to support the R&D group. Thorough knowledge and experience in either LC (Liquid chromatography) or GC (gas chromatography) is essential with additionally GCMS and LCMS preferred. Ideally the successful candidate will also be considered an expert in mass spectrometry.
As an Analytical Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and validating analytical methods to FDA standards
- Reporting the status of work to the Senior Analytical Chemist on a regular basis
- Presenting work at meetings when required
- Writing up work in the form of technical reports
- Taking ownership for process investigation work
- Ensuring that own work complies with business quality systems
- Taking ownership for continuous improvement in own work area.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety requirements are always met and never compromised
- Ensuring that technical knowledge remains at the cutting edge of their discipline
- Assisting the Senior Analytical Chemist in ensuring that the analytical equipment has appropriate maintenance and upkeep to enable the continued availability of the equipment to support the work of the department.
As an Analytical Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skill sets & experience:
- Degree (Chemistry or related essential).
- Knowledge of mass spectrometry preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in GC/GCMS, HPLC, LCMS methods.
- Previous experience working within an analytical laboratory (or similar environment)
- Knowledge of silicone chemistry/methacrylate monomers.
- Proven working knowledge of GMP is essential with experience of working to FDA standards preferable.
- A high level of experience working with GC and/or HPLC, method development and validation
- Experience of method development and validation to FDA standards.- Driving license and own transport (essential)
This is an excellent opportunity for an Analytical Chemist to join an specialist manufacturer helping patients around the world, who in return offers a competitive salary depending on experience, coupled with excellent benefits.
For more information or to apply to the role of Analytical Chemist, please contact Tenni Cole-Etti on 01438 842 974 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST33003 in all correspondence.