CK Group are recruiting for an Analytical Chemist to join a adhesives company at their site based in Stafford, on a full time basis offering a salary of £20,000 - £25,000 DOE.
This company is a leading global adhesive specialist in industrial. manufacturing, construction and consumer markets. The company have sites throughout the UK and Europe.
This Analytical Chemist role will be based at our clients manufacturing site in Stafford, the site can be easily accessed by surrounding areas such as Tamworth, Wolverhampton, Stoke on Trent and Burton on Trent.
- 20,000 - £25,000 per annum.
Analytical Chemist Role:
- Undertake research into traditional and new polymer platforms.
- Undertake characterisation of polymers, other raw materials and formulated products via a range of analytical techniques including - GC-MS, GPC and FTIR.
- Carry out an accurate and methodical recording of test data, making sure the data is recorded in accordance with guidelines.
- Analyse data and other information generated to provide information and draw conclusions.
- Ensure work is prioritised in accordance with the business requirements and deadlines are met.
- Write research papers, reports, reviews and summaries of analytical work.
- Keep up to date with scientific and technical developments.
- Develop new analytical methods.
- Provide support for patent submissions via material characterisation and the provision of analytical data.· Deliver reports & presentations as necessary using standard Office tools, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & other software as required.
- Degree in Chemistry or related subject.
- Ideally at least 2 years' experience in Analytical Chemistry involving spectroscopic and chromatographic techniques.
- Knowledge of polymer technology would be advantageous.
- Be a self-starter, able to work on own initiative. Must be flexible, able to plan and organise the workload to meet deadlines and hit targets.
Generous holiday allowance and pension contribution. Life insurance, Healthcare plan and a personal development plan.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457720.
Please quote reference 47636 in all correspondence.