Analytical Chemist - Cramlington
Asad at CK Science is recruiting for an Analytical Chemist to a leading provider of small molecule API development and manufacturing services to the global pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Cramlington on a permanent basis and with a salary of £25,000 - £29,000.
The Company: Our client is a leading provider of small molecule development and manufacturing services with just over 200 employees based on site. They provide contract development manufacturing services to other organisation using their 50 years' + experience and strong pharmaceutical and technology heritage. The company is going through an exciting expansion with plans to develop throughout Asia especially Japan.
This role is located Cramlington, 9 miles north of Newcastle. The site is easily commutable from Newcastle upon Tyne with several large industrial zones and a large retail development called 'Manor Walks Shopping Centre'.
The Role: Your main duties will be to:
- Perform analysis and report results in accordance with cGMP requirements for laboratory operations.
- Investigate analytical deviations and out of specification results with appropriate rigour and to contribute to their root cause resolution.
- Organise calibration and maintenance of analytical equipment.
- As required, perform routine auditing of laboratory areas.
- As a SAP user the job holder will be required to carry out assigned SAP transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform technical transfers between internal and external customers.
- Support method validation programs.
- Support cGMP stability programs.
- Characterise reference materials for use in cGMP analysis.
- Develop, evaluate and prepare analytical methods and SOPs as required.· Ensure cGMP/GLP compliance.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A good understanding and knowledge of HPLC and other analytical techniques.
- Experience gained in a similar position in industry or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience of ICPMS & GC.
- Working knowledge of cGMP.
- Any experience of scale-up techniques would be beneficial.
- A degree in analytical science (or equivalent).
This is an excellent opportunity to join a pharmaceutical contract manufacturing and research organisation at their modern state of the art facility. Only 9 miles north of Newcastle city centre. This permanent and versatile role will involve working on a wide range of materials with high levels of testing throughout.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Asad Karim on 01246457733 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45279 in all correspondence.