Analytical Chemist - Cambridge
Jason Johal at CK Science is currently recruiting for an Analytical Chemist to join a dynamic, ambitious organisation that has committed itself entirely to the research and development of innovative medications across an international stage.
The main purpose of this role is to provide scientific input and practical analytical chemistry support in the development of a range of pharmaceutical products. You will actively contribute to the progression of ongoing projects by conducting all aspects of analytical testing, method development and validation, through working with a wide range of innovative ethical pharmaceutical products and raw materials and using state of the art analytical and separation science techniques. This role is offered on a full time 18 month fixed term contract basis.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Carry out pre-formulation and compatibility testing, in order to aid the design and optimisation of pharmaceutical formulations
- Conduct sampling, analysis and testing of reference materials, active pharmaceutical ingredients, raw materials, intermediates and product batches for product development, stability testing, pre-clinical testing, release for clinical trials and scale up
- Implement appropriate analytical technologies and demonstrate a practical and innovative approach in the development and validation of these procedures and support systems
- Evaluate analytical and formulation data by applying scientific knowledge and demonstrate a practical approach, providing appropriate and innovative solutions
- Assist in the satisfactory transfer of technology and ensure compliance with the procedures and methodologies used in the technical transfer process • Assist in planning of allocated project work to meet the deadlines and milestones communicated by the CMC Project Sub Team and Core Project Team
- Carry out evaluation of new equipment and technologies and provide practical and scientific recommendations
- Carry out training for other team members, in order to maintain and develop the effectiveness of the department, ensuring individual training records are completed and kept up to date
- Take responsibility for personal training and development in order to reach and maintain the required level of skills, knowledge and experience to perform the role. Maintain accurate training records. Proactively participate in the company Performance Assessment System, including the agreement of goals which meet business requirements and enable personal development and progression
- Ensure the maintenance, cleanliness and validation status of laboratory equipment and facilities are appropriate for the work to be undertaken and in accordance with the Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Relevant experience gained in the pharmaceutical industry via a placement or post graduation (or equivalent)
- Knowledge and experience in a range of analytical techniques including HPLC
- Knowledge and preferably experience of GMP
- A degree in chemistry or pharmaceutical science (or equivalent)
If you are employed by this client you will be joining a company wholly dedicated to the research and development of highly effective and innovative medications.
For more information or to apply for this Analytical Chemist position please contact Jason on +44 (0)1438 723 500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST33105 in all correspondence.