Adhesives Test Chemist
CK Group are recruiting for an Adhesives Test Chemist to join a manufacturer of adhesives and materials at their site based near Hatfield on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Working with markets from industrial lamination, to glass bonding in transportation to solutions for the construction of insulated glazing units, this company is at the forefront of their sector. This role will support innovative applications in solar applications and luxury yachts and will contribute to suchdiverse markets from composites in specialist applications to modular built homes. You will help customers to improve process efficiencies, reduce weight, increase sustainability and add value to their final offering. The ideal candidate will have peel, adhesion and tensile testing experience of adhesive materials with a science degree, and the company is able to offer a salary of £28-35,000 depending on experience. Hours are 40 per week, 8am-5pm Mon-Fri and they are looking for this person to grow with the company. Please note that this is not an R&D role - this role supports the technical services division and you will be involved in assessing which adhesives and materials are most suitable for a customer, via a range of testing.
Location: The Adhesives Testing Chemist will is based at the company's site near Hatfield, easily commutable by road from Stevenage, Welwyn, Hitchin, St Albans, Hertford, Luton, Ware, Harlow, Watford and surrounding areas.
Adhesives Test Chemist Role:Your main duties will be to:
- Run the test laboratory, manage testing, report writing and management of risk for the team
- Select and follow standard test procedures and perform analytical testing to a high degree of accuracy without supervision·Assist the Head of Technical to ensure the Laboratory is set up correctly
- Work with the team to select adhesive solutions for bonding varied substrates to meet market and processing requirements
- Produce both technical presentations and appliedsamples as and when required in support of sales for customer demonstration and information
- Assist the Technical Services Department in supporting sales with regard to product testing and application techniques via workshops, occasional customer visits and internal training
- Assist the Head of Technical in ensuring all product groups and customer groups can be serviced by the Technical Services Department
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Material Sciences or Chemistry Degree or equivalent - essential
- Experience working with adhesives in industry - essential, including peel, adhesion and tensile testing
- Good knowledge of bonding techniques and materials used in Industrial and Construction environments
- Able to interpret test requests and results, and corresponding applications resulting in providing recommendations as well as maintaining a high performing test facility
- Experience of working with sealants,coatings, materials such as composites etc. would be advantageous
- Communication to all levels, practical ability, methodical approach to testing and lab organisation
- High degree of manual dexterity
- Self starter, proactive, attention to detail,ambitious, team player, organised as well as to be able to demonstrate a good level of numeracy and literacy
- Open to career development and additional responsibilities
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Adhesives Test Chemist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 50851.