Adhesives Formulation Chemist
Do you have sound industry-based adhesives development experience? I am currently recruiting for an Adhesives Formulation Chemist to join a chemical manufacturing company in the resins and adhesives industry at their site based near Holmes Chapel, Cheshire on a full time permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is an adhesives manufacturer who are at the leading edge of their industry, using advanced technologies, they continue to be at the forefront of packaging and labelling. They offer flexible working hours and invite applicants to state their desired salary upon application which will be considered against skills and experience.
Location: This role is located near Holmes Chapel, Cheshire. The site is easily commutable from the surrounding areas of Cheshire and the North West.
- Product development and formulation.
- Delivering the R&D roadmap for the business.
- A focus on developing new and innovative waterbased and hot melt adhesives.
- Recording data and results on the system.
- Scaling up products and making them commercially successful.
- Provide market-leading advantages to the sales team.
- Attend supplier meetings, learning about new and novel raw materials and reporting this back to the board.
- Getting new prices on raw materials to drive some savings.
- Ensure ISO9001 compliance.
- Re-writing SOPs where required.
- At Least an HND or above in a science - Chemistry or Physics.
- Proven industry-based experience in new product development from scope to commercialisation.
- Comfortable formulating adhesives and resins, or alternatively transferable technology such as inks, coatings etc.
- Driving licence to travel around UK and occasionally Europe.
- Experienced in raw material technologies.
- Experience in scaling up lab batches to production batches.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel etc. to reasonable level.
- Ideally some past experience in the formulation of hot melt adhesive and waterbased adhesives, and supervisory experience would be advantageous.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01245 457702 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47404 in all correspondence.