Adhesives Development Chemist - Worcestershire
Victoria Walker and Natalie Wood are recruiting for an Adhesives Development Chemist to join a manufacturer of adhesives and sealants based in Worcestershire, on a full time, permanent basis.
The company is ISO9001 accredited and is a growing SME whose operations are expanding. The main role of this Adhesives Development Chemist will be development and testing of adhesives and sealants in order to support and/ or work alongside the Chief Chemist in growing the company's business. In return the company is able to offer a competitive salary, and please note that the company is willing to consider applications from candidates looking to expand on their industrial career to date, or alternatively can consider applications from candidates who already have an established career within this industry sector. Benefits include holidays increasing with length of service, pension scheme and bonus scheme, with an early finish on a Friday.
Further responsibilities of this Development Chemist will be:
- Development work
- Formulation of existing products
- Working alongside production
- Running trials & evaluations
- Troubleshooting on plant
- In-process testing
- Product testing
- Analysis, characterisation and quality control via viscosity, rheology, tensile, shear testing and colour matching
- Goods inward/ raw materials testing
- Competitor material evaluation
- Lab housekeeping including lab books and report writing
- Investigating complaints
- Possibly involved with regulatory work in the future
As an Adhesives Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Chemistry - essential
- Proven industry experience - essential, preferably in a similar development role within the adhesives and sealants industry
- Any experience in 2 component products and/ or anaerobic or UV reactive chemistry would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills required as this person will be liaising with various departments and explanations of various processes will be necessary
- Team player
- Resilient character
For more information or to apply for this Adhesives Development Chemist position please contact Victoria Walker or Natalie Wood on 01246 457700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH40772 in all correspondence.