Jason Johal at CK Science is currently recruiting for an Immunohistochemist /Histopathologist to join a global biopharmaceutical company focussed on research and development and the commercialization/manufacture of therapeutic and preventive medicines. Based in Cambridge this role is offered on a full time, permanent basis.
As an Immunohistochemist /Histopathologist you will:
- Be focussed on delivering key expertise in histopathology, immunohistochemistry, advanced microscopy and image analysis to support the build of early biological rationale for candidate therapeutic targets
- Support early drug projects across all company therapeutic areas including Oncology, Respiratory, Neuroscience and Cardiovascular and Metabolic disease
- Apply your established histopathology and immunohistochemistry skills and innovative approach in support of company early pre-clinical stage projects and development of next generation therapeutics Contribute to project delivery across the different company therapeutic areas by developing and running appropriate histopathology and immunohistochemistry based assays
- Contribute to the implementation and biology validation of new project starts, using histopathology and immunohistochemistry assays to support the building of target rationale Coordinate, plan and deliver histopathology based activities to support efficient project progression
- Investigate the effect of specific biologics using histopathology and immunohistochemistry assays to profile and understand target expression, efficacy and mechanism of action within normal and disease tissues from humans or relevant pre-clinical models
- Plan, implement, validate, report and interpret histopathology and immunohistochemistry experiments to agreed timelines to understand disease /disease model processes and biologic mode of action
The successful Immunohistochemist /Histopathologist will have the following qualifications, skills & experiences:
- Strong experience within a histopathology/immunohistochemistry laboratory, preferably within a pharmaceutical research environment (Experience from a clinical diagnostic or veterinary laboratory will also be considered)
- A proven track record of delivering histological analysis to understand disease processes.
- Experience using IHC automation and image scanning and image analysis
- Technical Skills in:
- In situ Hybridization
- Image Analysis
- Aperio or Definiens (or other system)
- Microscopy Histopathology knowledge
- Tissue morphology recognition
- Tinctorial (special) staining techniques
- Tissue dissection and processing
If successful, you will be joining a company developing new therapeutic and preventive medicines that hold tremendous potential for patients around the globe in the areas of infectious disease, oncology, respiratory disease and inflammation, cardiovascular/gastrointestinal disease, and neuroscience. In return there is an attractive salary, coupled with excellent benefits and career progression opportunities.
To apply for this Immunohistochemist /Histopathologist position contact Jason Johal via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01438 723 500. Please quote reference ST26954 in all correspondence. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential.