By attending this FREE event, you will learn first-hand about the opportunities for European R&D funding in Healthcare projects soon to be announced in the 2012 FP7 call. This call has a significant focus on SMEs, with guaranteed EC funding to leading SME partners in successful consortia and a range of more broadly specified topics targeted at SME interests.
During the event there will also be an opportunity to hear about other sources of European Funding for SMEs through the Research for the Benefit of SMEs and Eureka Eurostars programs.
The event, organised in partnership with CK Science and Beta Technology will also provide details on how to access further support , give attendees a chance to meet with national support teams, hear from a successful SME participant and network with potential partners. A buffet lunch will be provided.
When is the event?
This event will be taking place on Monday 23rd May at Biocity Nottingham’s Boardroom. The event will start at 9.00am and will finish at 13.30pm.
Who should attend?
The event is targeted at SMEs in the biotech/healthcare sector but will also be of interest to academics and other interested parties working in the following areas of health research;
• Detection and Diagnosis of disease
• Innovative therapeutic approaches and interventions
• Large scale data gathering and processing
• Development and ageing
• Translational research on major infectious diseases, including HIV, TB and malaria
• Translational research on, diabetes/obesity, rare and chronic diseases
• Healthcare systems and public health
• Adverse drug reactions
Agenda for the day:
- 9:00 – 9.30am – Coffee and tea
- 9.30 – 9.40am – Introduction from CK
- 9.40 – 10.00am – Basic principles of FP7 and UK performance
- 10.00 – 10.15am – UK support available (Beta Technology)
- 10.15 -10.55am – 2012 Health Call and highlights from others – Biotech, ICT, Nano materials
- 10.55 – 11.10 am – Break
- 11.10 – 11.30am – Case study – Rebecca Martell from Simcyp
- 11.30-11.45am – Innovative Medicines Initiative
- 11.45 – 12.15pm – R4SMEs and Eurostars – Steve Bradley
- 12.15 – 12.45pm – Q&A
- 12.45 – 1.00pm – Lunch
How to register?
To register your place at the event, or for more information, please contact me on 01438 743 047 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please reply to this message.