An experienced Entomologist is required to join an agrochemical company based in the West Midlands, UK.
The roles and responsibilities of this Entomologist role are as follows:
- Providing specialist scientific support and advice regarding insecticide and acaricide product development programmes. These will be primarily within the EAME region, but also globally as required. This will include screening of new compounds and mixtures, development and testing of new products, and providing technical support to other businesses within the company.
- Liaison with other staff will be necessary in order to complete the development and introduction of new crop protection products in the region.
- You will be involved in running the laboratory, glasshouse and field testing of insecticide and acaricide products will conduct regulatory studies in compliance with GLP.
- You will maintain populations of key pests for use in testing programmes and will statistically analyse data generated and prepare concise technical reports to the highest quality standards.
- When necessary you will also conduct and assist with in-vitro and whole organism fungicide, herbicide and plant growth regulator (PGR) studies in support of screening, product development and business support.
- Preparation of risk assessments, COSHH assessments, arranging servicing and calibration of equipment, and maintaining high housekeepingstandards in assigned work areas will also be your responsibility as well as liasing with customers and arranging site visits.
- You will maintain a current awareness in entomology practices and will be responsible for designing studies and ensuring that they areconducted in accordance with standards that include EU Directive 93/71/EEC, EPPO guidelines and the OECD Principles of GLP.
To be considered for this Entomologist position you must have or be familiar with the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree or PhD(or equivalent qualifications) in Entomology;
- Considerable experience in the crop protection or public health industries;
- A practical understanding of COSHH regulations and the use of PPE;
- GLP standards;
- Knowledge of insecticide and acaricide testing techniques;
- Good working knowledge of pesticide application techniques & equipment;
- NPTC pesticide application qualifications;
- Knowledge of plant pathology and commercially important fungal diseases;
- Ability to supervise and train staff;
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint);
- Proven project management skills.
- Prior industrial experience is essential for this position.
For more information, or to apply for this Entomologist position, please contact Victoria at CK Science on 0114 283 9956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH20222 in all correspondence.