Our client, a global food manufacturer based in the North East of England, is currently looking for an Engineering Manager ideally from an FMCG environment, to join their team. This innovative company is a brand leader in its markets and boasts a strong portfolio of food products.
As an Engineering Manager, you will manage a small maintenance team of multi-skilled engineers, semi-skilled operatives and administrators to ensure that all plant, services, ancillary equipment and facilities are maintained and repaired so that they operate efficiently at all times. Further responsibilities of this engineering role include:
- Leading a team of engineering staff, by providing coaching and training, as well as managing the performance and discipline of the team as appropriate.
- Ensuring the safety of the team and playing a leading part in the site-wide H&S management.
- Operating an effective planned preventative maintenance system.
- Ensuring that repair and servicing is completed as soon as possible after a fault is identified.
- Setting up and managing project work.
- Keeping your own skills current and abreast with new technology, practices and materials.
- Participating in and pro-actively supporting carbon reduction initiatives and environmental management.
- Managing engineering expenditure in line with budgets and business requirements.
- Promoting and participating in lean manufacturing, continuous improvement and environmental management initiatives.
The successful candidate will be a qualified engineer with a proven track record in food manufacturing within an FMCG environment. Previous supervisory experience, together with working knowledge of steam and refrigeration plant and PPM systems is also essential for this role.
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive and results-driven Engineering Manager to develop their career with a key player within the global food and beverage industry.
If you would like more information about this Engineering Manager role, please contact Barney Smith on 0191 3848905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference DH18966 in all correspondence. Alternatively, to apply, please click here.
About CK Science
CK Science is the largest independent scientific recruitment company in the UK. Our team of specialist recruiters are here to help you achieve your career ambitions within the scientific industry. We actively offer you careers advice, help with writing your CV, assistance with interview preparation and up-to-date information about the industry. We pride ourselves on providing an honest, straight-forward and trustworthy service to both our clients and candidates.