An EHS Specialist is required to join a speciality chemicals company based in the North West of England.
The main duties of the EHS Specialist will be to ensure environmental, health and safety regulations are complied with and to assist the EHS Manager.
For this EHS Specialist position the responsibilities will be as follows:
- You will conduct audits and keep procedures up to date as well as performing incident investigations and reporting H&S metrics as required.
- Compliance: You will support the EHS Manager in compliance issues and this support is primarily related to the conduction of risk assessments, job safety analysis, environmental compliance such as emission monitoring, waste disposal and all related inspections from authorities.
- You will develop proposals for improvement and follow-up corrective actions.
- You will implement corporate EHS initiatives and identify opportunities for improvement as an advisor for the plant employees.
- Responsible care management system: You will write, implement and keep the EHS procedures up to date and inform employees as appropriate. Reporting of accidents, incidents and hazards/near misses will be ensured by yourself and you will provide adequate tools to the site. You will carry out incident investigation with appropriate root cause analysis and identify corrective actions.
- Auditing and inspection: You will be responsible for performing the necessary EHS inspections at the site related to work permits, the workplace and good house keeping practices. Regular safety tours on the plants will be conducted to ensure visibility and awareness to EHS. Internal audits will be required under ISO/RC 14001 certification as well as reporting and identifying opportunities for improvement. You will manage the internal safety observation programme and report results and support observers in their role.
- Reporting and communication: Your will report performance indicators related to EHS for the site and prepare and submit reports coming from audits, inspections, training and monitoring activities. Ensurance of H&S communication by issuing safety information as appropriate to the employees.
The requirements for this EHS Specialist role are as follows:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in chemistry or a related subject desired.
- NEBOSH/ IOSH qualified or part qualified.
- Previous work experience in a chemical manufacturing facility essential.
- Prior management experience is a preference.
- Thorough knowledge of H&S laws, regulations, standards and permitting requirements.
- Fact-based analysis and reporting skills; strong technical, interpersonal and communication skills; Assertive and persuasive
- Knowledge of ISO/RC 14001 principles and auditing.
- Good basic working IT knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional.
For more information, or to apply for the EHS Specialist job, please contact Victoria Walker at CK Science on 0114 283 9956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH19982 in all correspondence.