Our client, a global organisation providing field-proven solutions to the oil and gas industry, are currently looking for a Development Manager to join their team based in the North of Scotland. The purpose of this Development Manager role is to develop the compounding and manufacturing process for elastomer based products on a global scale.
Further responsibilities of this Compounding and Manufacturing Manager role include:
- Developing manufacturing strategies (both compound mixing and product manufacturing) on a global level to ensure that products are continually supplied to required quality, delivery and cost levels.
- Direct liaison and negotiating with potential manufacturing vendors/partners to allow for controlled expansion of the global manufacturing footprint.
- Providing technical expertise to the R&D / Engineering / Supply Chain teams and specialised third parties in relation to compound development and enhancement.
- Providing professional documentation and training for the efficient knowledge transfer to the Supply Chain when appropriate.
- To be able and willing to travel to any location if required to do so due to operational manufacturing needs.
- Developing relationships with compounding and manufacturing facilities.
- Assisting with continuous improvement plans relating to new compounding & manufacturing processes and techniques.
The successful candidate will be qualified to minimum HND in chemistry or equivalent industrial experience and have a proven track record of working in compounding and manufacture of elastomers. You must also possess some managerial or supervisory experience. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential.
If you would like to hear more about this Development Manager job, please contact Barney Smith on 0191 384 8905, or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference DH19087 in all correspondence.
About CK Science
CK Science is the largest independent scientific recruitment company in the UK. Our team of specialist recruiters are here to help you achieve your career ambitions within the scientific industry. We actively offer you careers advice, help with writing your CV, assistance with interview preparation and up-to-date information about the industry. We pride ourselves on providing an honest, straight-forward and trustworthy service to both our clients and candidates.