Two Development Chemists are required for join a coatings company based in the North West, UK. One Development Chemist will join their coil coatings department, and the other their powder coatings department.
The main responsibilities of these Development Chemist jobs will include:
- Planning and developing new coating products and technologies in accordance with the company’s strategic and tactical programmes.
- Completing any laboratory work requests that are assigned by the team leader in an efficient, organised, scientific and professional manner.
- Researching, reviewing and identifying new raw materials and technologies in coil or powder coatings. These may then form the foundation of new/optimised coating formulations and technologies.
- Preparing and defining project plans and timings with the team leader and technical manager for new development projects and ensuring that the expected progress is achieved.
- Assisting in the preparation of PDS / MSDS for all new products developed together with any additional quality documentation that may be required.
- Participating in any technical service and customer visits as required.
- Providing accurate supplier information to the process control and the quality manager as required in order to ensure an efficient conclusion to any customer concerns or complaints. Obtaining and providing for technical reviews, samples, data sheets or information concerning competitor products and performance.
- Providing written or verbal updates on projects regularly.
- Preparing reports, presentations and communications on any project or technical support work.
- Participating in the laboratory and industry monthly meetings.
- Providing support and cover for other members of the sector team as directed to do so.
- Ensuring that the work area conforms to the requirements of the housekeeping system.
- Carrying out work in a safe, environmentally acceptable manner.
The ideal candidates for these Development Chemist jobs will have a degree (or equivalent) in chemistry or polymer science and will have hands-on experience with working with coatings.
How to Apply
If you would like more information, or would like to apply for either of these Development Chemist jobs, please contact Victoria Walker at CK Science on 0114 283 9956 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference SH19648 in all correspondence.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign.
No quite what you’re looking for? Click here to search our current scientific job vacancies now.