On Saturday 26th October a team of “athletes” from CK Science took part in a 12 hour gym marathon at the Mount Gym near Chesterfield to raise funds for the South Yorkshire Community Foundation.
The team won the treadmill challenge running and walking over 121km over the 12 hours. The event which started at 07:00am certainly took its toll on some of the participants with Sunday being a day of rest.
However, CK Science Director Liam O Connell, stated ‘This was a very worthy cause and despite the toughness of the challenge, the team are delighted to have participated and we have raised over £300 for a very worthy charity’. A large number of teams took part, some using treadmill and some using spin bikes for their marathons.
CK Science are one of the UK’s leading recruitment consultancies in the field of scientific recruitment and actively support a number of charities and local schools every year.
– Follow CK Science on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CKScienceJobs
– Join the CK Science Linkedin group: <http://bit.ly/2kY9yq>>
– Become a fan of CK Science on Facebook: <http://bit.ly/zyeid>>
– Visit our website at: http://www.ckscience.co.uk/
– Meet some of our consultants and hear more about our current job vacancies at our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/cksciencejobs