The seminar follows a pro-enterpise speech at the end of 2010, during which Prime Minister David Cameron outlined his vision for turning the years ahead into the most entrepreneurial and dynamic in the history of the UK. He outlined his plan to build a new economic dynamism relying heavily on innovation and start-ups alongside collaboration between universities and businesses.
During the seminar, the BBC’s Working Lunch presenter Rob Pittam will ask the panel of experts:
1. What impact will the 23 March budget have on the life science industry and governments stated aim of boosting enterprise?
2. In particular how will this affect your business [i.e. the panel member’s] and what significant effects has government had on your business in the past- if any?
The panel members will include our very own Liam O’Connell and the following influential figureheads:
– Nigel Gaymond, Chief Executive, BioIndustry Association
– Dr Glenn Crocker, CEO, BioCity Nottingham
– Dr Dave Mead, Business Development Director, Novozymes Biopharma UK Ltd (pharmaceutical product manufacturers)
– Sameer Kothari ,Chief Executive, Zilico Ltd (cancer diagnostics company)
– Gwent Paylor , College Business Manager, School of Science & Technology, Nottingham Trent University
The seminar will be taking place this afternoon at the Biocity site in Nottingham.