Julie Marshall at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Chemoinformatician to join small team within a Drug Discovery Company based Hertfordshire in on a full time, temporary basis.
The successful candidate will work as part of a small team responsible for applying and developing tools for use by project teams working to discover new medicines
You will be responsible for the following:
- Liaising with scientific contacts, identifing technical solutions and partner with local and global informatics teams to deliver projects.
- Providing advanced technical expertise and systems integration in supporting existing informatics tools and in developing and deploying new tools.
- You must be able to analyse, model and optimise workflows, develop and use best practices, and must have applied technical abilities.
- The application and refinement of existing protocols to aid in generation of focused compound libraries.
- The development of novel protocols and implementation of chemoinformatics techniques to improve selection processes.
- The analysis and interpretation of large data-sets related to chemistry, biology and biochemistry using existing methodology.
- The development and implementation of tools and interfaces to support our Drug Discovery project teams.
Qualifications and skills:
The successful Chemoinformatician will have the following qualifications, skills & experiences:
- Good basic knowledge of Organic Chemistry (BSc in Chemistry (or equivalent) is preferred, in particular small molecule physico-chemical properties, conformation and interactions
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of computational chemistry and chemoinformatics methodologies including but not limited to: library design, data triage, multivariate data analysis, QSAR.
- Experience with chemistry software and pipelining tools is essential, with expertise in Pipeline Pilot and MOE highly preferred.
- Practical experience of data analysis, data management and data mining/integration in a chemical environment.
- Strong linux and windows skills.
- Experience of working in a chemoinformatics role within a pharmaceutical or biotech environment would be desirable.
If successful, you will be joining a global Drug Discovery company and in return there is a competitive salary, coupled with excellent benefits and career progression opportunities.
How to apply:
To apply for this Chemoinformatics position, please contact Julie Marshall via email email@example.com or telephone: 01438 723 500.