- Software based laboratory information management systems
- Often bespoke systems that are in need of talented developers and administrators
- Running assay data management, mining and analysis.
- Taking on the responsibility of planning, executing and closing projects.
- Responsible for making sure all key objectives are achieved in time and in budget.
- Analysing and documenting business processes and making suggestions for improvements.
- Often acting as a liaison between technical and non technical departments.
Web & Application Design/Development
- Creating and administering web sites
- Writing code and updating information, graphics and content.
- Assisting end users of systems with bespoke and ‘off the shelf’ software and hardware
- Usually done virtually via telephone or online.
- Being responsible for the upkeep, configuration and reliability of multi-use computers
- Managing the needs of end users with regards to down/up time, performance, installs and upgrades.
- Managing all areas of IT departments including budgets, hardware, software, change management, infrastructure and staffing.
CSV, Software Testers
- Documenting the process of assuring computer systems and software do exactly what they are designed to do.
Embedded Software Engineers
- Working with and writing code to control machines and devices
- Typically using Embedded C and C++ languages.
- Looking after hardware, cabling, networking, VoIP and servers including virtual and physical.