This week’s top chemical job of the week is Service Chemist. This job has been selected as it is:
- At a growing water treatment company who are bringing in a new member of staff as a result of increased workloads
- The company have recently won awards for staff development
- Responsible for the delivery of onsite water treatment services, water and system testing and legionella management.
- Field based – not in the lab
- Opportunity to work with a range of clients across a breadth of industries including chemicals, pharmaceuticals, food, energy, automotive and materials
- This role is best suited to an experienced service chemist, who has proven experience in the servicing and maintenance of cooling towers, wastewater treatment, closed systems and dosing systems. Experience of legionella management would be beneficial for the position.
- For those interested in this role but without the required experience, it would be recommended to gain experience in the water industry, ideally in a chemistry position.