Do you want to make better use of your time in your science job? Here’s how!
- Write a to-do list: Make a list of all the tasks you need to complete during the day – and stick to it! Divide your list into A, B and C priorities (A = the highest priority). Always start with your highest priority task. Also, include a designated time frame for each task and stick to it.
- Take a break: When you find yourself with nothing to do – relax! Once you have taken a bit of time out you will go back to work feeling energized and positive.
- Use your time wisely: Maybe it’s a good idea if you decide to only access your emails at certain times in the day – therefore giving you some uninterrupted work time. When you do access your emails – only do so when you have time to both read it and take action.
- Get organized: My organizing both your desk and your computer files, you will avoid wasting time looking for information.
- Avoid unwanted disruptions: If you have a door to your office, close it occasionally. Likewise if a colleague comes to your desk for a chat, politely organise a more convenient time to catch up.
- Cancel unnecessary meetings: Are all your meetings absolutely necessary? If they are, create an agenda and stick to it.
Do you ever feel stressed at work? Here are some stress busting tips that will help you