When registering with a scientific recruitment agency it is sometimes difficult for candidates to know how often they should be contacting their agency and exactly what type of contact to expect from the agency.
There are a number of strategies that, as a candidate, CK Science suggests that you could adopt to help your cause:
- Email your consultant with a reminder of your requirements; try to be flexible with these as the consultant will immediately consider you for more vacancies when they come in if you are.
- Initiate regular contact. If you are having trouble getting a consultant on the phone, email them or contact them through LinkedIn with a (very important this) polite reminder that you are still available.
- Update your CV regularly.
- Try to follow what science vacancies are posted on the agency’s own site and ask the relevant consultant to be considered for the ones that are of interest.
- Make yourself an asset by passing on interesting information (business or recruitment) as I am sure you appreciate the consultants are naturally more likely to work harder on your behalf if you have built up a relationship with them.
- It is a difficult position to be in when looking for a change of career, but all recruiters are trying to help, try to be patient with them and once again, stay in touch.
- From CK Science’s angle, we are constantly juggling new and existing candidates and aim to provide a consistently high level of service to all.
In order to engage and communicate with candidates CK Science are adopting new technology and social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Youtube and Twitter.
- Follow CK Science Twitter
- Join the CK Science LinkedIn Group
- Become a fan of CK Science on Facebook
- To meet our some of our consultants and hear more about our current vacancies visit our YouTube Channel