CK Science is a specialist scientific and engineering recruitment consultancy. We cover many areas, one of which being the technology industry. Within the technology industry, we specialise in medical devices, instrumentation and other technology related fields. We recruit for engineers, chemists, physicist and other technical staff right across the technology industry.
Some common areas we are often asked about when candidates are preparing for their interview within the technology industry are as follows:
- What is the best way to research the products and services the company offers?
- This is sometimes difficult when dealing with companies within the technology industry as they are often restricted as to what they can tell you due to confidentiality agreements with clients.
- One way to get around this is to ask plenty of questions about the company’s products and services. People in this field are often passionate about what they do and will be happy to answer any questions you may have
- By asking questions, this shows you are interested in the role and are keen on the company.
- What is the best way to display skills and experience when sitting in the interview chair?
- Clients like practical examples when discussing your background and the skills you can offer.
- The STAR technique – S (situation) T(tasks) A(action)R (results) technique will help you demonstrate this to the interviewer. Apply the star technique when you answer each question – think of the situation/task, then the action you undertook, and finally the results you obtained. By thinking of the STAR technique throughout the interview, you are likely to give more structured and clear answers, without waffling.
If you would like any further advice regarding how to prepare for an interview within the technology industry, please contact CK Science on 01438 723500 or visit our website where you will find a wealth of advice and support to help you through your job hunt.