On a day-to-day basis our specialist scientific recruitment consultants are asked about the best ways to prepare for an interview for chemical jobs within the chemistry industry and the main questions that are asked.
The main questions that are asked are as follows:
- What is the best way to apply your knowledge to the company’s products? In order to successfully apply your knowledge throughout the interview, we strongly recommend that candidates do the following
- Revise the basics and further knowledge from their chemistry background.
- Research the company by looking at their website (useful pages are likely to be the ‘News’ and ‘About Us’ pages on their website).
- Once you have done your research, a great way to ensure that you apply this knowledge is to apply the STAR technique throughout the interview. STAR stands for Situation/Task, Action and Results and can be applied in the following way:
- When answering the interview question, first describe the relevant situation or task, then the action you underwent, and finally the results you obtained. By structuring each answer in such a way, you are able to ensure that you answer clearly and in structured way. This is great as clients are often looking for clear practical examples in your answers.
If you would like more advice to help you prepare for your job interview within the chemistry industry, please visit the meet our team section to find the consultant who looks after the Chemical sector in your area, visit our website or join our Linkedin group.