Each week, CK Science is providing a snapshot of the Analytical Chemistry jobs market, this week there were 853 jobs available. Find out more here.
Each week, CK Science is providing a snapshot of the Analytical Chemistry jobs market. Over time, we aim to give you a picture of how it changes and evolves, and most importantly, how this may impact on you depending on overall demand and seasonal changes. So whether you are an Analyst looking for a new science job or an employer seeking new Chemist to join your team, we hope that this market snapshot helps you with your decision making.
Our tracking is based on each week screening some of the UKs leading vacancy boards for how many Analytical Chemistry jobs have been advertised within the previous week.
This summary was completed on Monday 21st December and relates to adverts posted for Analytical Chemists on:
- New Scientist
- CV Library
- Willey job network
- Access Science jobs.
Our results showed that from these job boards a total of 654 Analytical Chemistry vacancies were published last week, with:
- 573 permanent roles
- 81 temporary or contract roles
As we reach the week of Christmas the numbers of jobs have dropped by 23%, affecting both permanent and contract jobs.
As this is our last report for 2015 we thought we would recap on what we learnt throughout the course of the year, this includes:
- Average job numbers is 644 per week split as 544 permanent and 99 temporary
- September and December were the best months to search for a permanent job as numbers reached 800, and tipped the scale at over 1400 at points.
- In comparison to last year, job numbers for this week are up 27%
- In the last 6 months of this year job numbers grew by 12%