Hannah Milward at CK Science is recruiting for an Analytical Chemist to work with a Global manufacturer of liquid chemicals and their site in Staffordshire.
As Analytical Chemist the main purpose of your role will be to provide a quality control service to the business covering existing and new raw materials, finished products and environmental systems.
- Further responsibilities of this Analytical Chemist position:
- Analysing and controlling status of all raw materials, finished goods, wastes and returned materials and entering data into SAP and other IT systems.
- Calibration of analytical equipment.
- Issuing Certificates of Analysis.
- Documenting non-conformities on supplier deliveries.
- Maintaining sample retention system.
- Ensuring appropriate quality records are kept and maintained.
- Maintaining process laboratories including analytical equipment and supplies.
- Assisting in training of process operators to ensure their competence in using analytical equipment and carrying out analytical testing.
- A proactive approach to monitoring and reporting on product quality and playing an active role in resolving any quality issues arising.
- To take a leading role in PDR meetings
- Analysis of new raw material sources for existing products.
- To support continuous improvement activities, root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
- Prepare and pack samples for customer evaluation.
As Analytical Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum A level chemistry with higher qualification (HNC, HND or NVQ equivalent) preferable.
- Experience working in a laboratory environment within the chemical or related industry
- Internal QHSE Auditor
- IOSH Trained – NVQ Level 2
For more information or to apply for this role please contact Hannah Milward on 0114 283 9956 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference SH26774 in all correspondence.