Our client, a leading waste management organisation, is currently looking for an Analytical Chemist to work in the waste sector at their site in the North West of England. This Analytical Chemist role includes shift work and is on a temp to perm basis.
Reporting to the Assistant Site Manager/Operations Manager, the key responsibilities of this Analytical Chemist job will include:
- To ensure site license, working plan and storage conditions regarding waste treatment and transfer are adhered to
- To ensure effective operation of all site processes
- To test for and identify treatment processes for all incoming drummed waste
- To sample all processes on site and complete daily analysis records
- To liaise with Site Manager regarding the inputs to the site and where necessary make recommendations based on chemical knowledge
- To ensure that all records are accurate and up to date
- To work closely with site operations, customer services and sales
- To undertake site audits
- To maintain and update local site procedures
- To investigate alternative treatment methods available on the site
- To liaise with regulatory authorities
The ideal candidate for this Analytical Chemist job will possess an HNC qualification in chemistry or degree in chemistry (or equivalent). Previous experience of working in a laboratory environment is required and the candidate will be expected to possess excellent communication, planning and organisation skills and be a good team player. Candidates must be eligible to work in the EEA.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career with a one of the UK’s leading waste management companies.
If you would like more information about this Analytical Chemist role, please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference SH19299 in all correspondence.
About CK Science
CK Science is the largest independent scientific recruitment company in the UK. Our team of specialist recruiters are here to help you achieve your career ambitions within the scientific industry. We actively offer you careers advice, help with writing your CV, assistance with interview preparation and up-to-date information about the industry. We pride ourselves on providing an honest, straight-forward and trustworthy service to both our clients and candidates.