Naynesh Mistry is looking to recruit 2 x Analytical Chemists to join an international pharmaceutical organisation to work at their site in Northern Ireland on a permanent basis.
The main aspects of these Analytical Chemists roles is to perform, monitor and accept accountability for all assigned analytical duties relating to specific chemistry and/or analytical projects. The post holder will hold the following responsibilities:
- Develop and suitably validate analytical methods in support of API development and manufacturing.
- Perform routine analytical testing in-line with project requirements.
- Be trained and be fully competent in the following analytical techniques, as dictated by project and/or departmental requirements: HPLC, GC, NMR, IR, UV, MS, KF, Classical techniques
- Perform analytical duties right-first-time in order to complete work within the budgeted resource time and in line with agreed timelines.
- Prepare, review and approve data and documents accurately and efficiently, in-line with the Analytical Department’s procedures culture of Right-First-Time.
- Take responsibility for the provision of all analytical activities associated with allocated projects so as to ensure successful project outcomes as measured by QQTE (Quantity, Quality, Timeliness & Efficiency) metrics.
- Be responsible for the generation, training and adherence to of analytical documents (e.g. methods, specifications, SOPs etc).
- Allocate work to and supervise analytical chemists/technicians/placement students.
- Retain the overall responsibility for the completion of delegated tasks, within agreed budgets and timelines.
- Retain an up to date knowledge of analytical techniques and equipment.
- Be responsible for the management of own work schedule and provide regular updates to line manager and team members especially with respect to any circumstances that alter agreed timescales and budgets.
- Ensure that unplanned deviations (UPDs) are kept to a minimum and that your line manager is notified as soon as UPDs are generated.
- Assist with the identification of alternative test methods and/or equipment to improve efficiency and maximise throughput of testing in the laboratories.
- Make suggestions for the improvement of efficiency and/or reduction in operating costs within the Analytical Department and the wider company.
- Identify incidents of out of specification results and inform the Analytical Team Leader and/or Analytical Manager.
- Assist in the generation of specifications and SOPs relevant to the Analytical Laboratories, ensuring that current versions are available.
- Deputise for their supervisor’s absence in the day-to-day running of projects and supervision of analytical activities being performed in their designated laboratory.
Qualifications and skills:
The ideal candidates for these Analytical Chemist roles should have a degree in Life Sciences or equivalent. It is also essential that they have:
- Previous analytical experience within industry (i.e. pharmaceuticals/fine chemistry)
- Experience of drug substance or drug product analysis in a GMP/GLP environment
- Experience in HPLC method development and/or validation
- Experience in cGMP audits and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Office, Excel etc)
How to apply
For more information or to apply for these Analytical Chemists roles please contact Naynesh Mistry on 0114 2839956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH23645 in all correspondence.