Victoria Walker is currently looking to recruit a Technical Administrator to join a manufacturer of colours and additives for the polymers and plastics industry, to join their technical department in the North West.
The main roles and responsibilities of this Technical Administrator role will be to assist the technical department with the efficient procurement of raw materials and successful product formulation and analysis in order to maintain and grow sales whilst supporting the transition to Operational processes. Specifically the department is responsible for:
- Maintaining and improving the output of the Formulations function
- Minimising the impact of New Product Introduction on Operations processes
- Providing a quality analytical service to support sales functions
- Reformulating projects which are supportive of Operational processes
- Procurement of raw materials
- All quality functions
- Testing raw materials
- Investigation of customer complaints.
Purpose of role:
The main purpose of this Technical Administrator role is managing and interpreting Non Conformance Report (NCR) data in order to produce concise and professional reports which will be communicated directly to customers and relevant parties involved:
- Producing and distributing timely, concise and accurate NCR reports to all relevant parties;
- Management of NCR data in Oracle and Excel databases
- Raw material regulatory data management
- Collating NCR data from relevant sources and interpreting and summarising this data for technical reports
- Presenting NCR findings in a concise and professional manner
- Producing monthly report summaries of NCR activities, highlighting key issues and trends
- Liaising with Procurement Team and directly with suppliers to ensure raw material regulatory information is accurate and validated
- Managing raw material regulatory system to ensure compliance with Global policy
- Support Technical and Operations Teams with any project work as required
- Work together with Operations supporting them regarding MSDS documents and risk assessments.
Qualification & Skills:
In order to be considered for this Technical Administrator position you will be degree qualified or equivalent in an appropriate, literary subject. The following skills are needed for this role:
- You will have exquisite report writing skills and will be able to use word processing and spread sheet programmes with ease, as well as being able to interpret data so that it is commercially presentable.
- This role will be approximately 80% desk based and strong IT skills are required.
- Experience of technical report writing is essential for this position, as is experience in data interpretation and analysis.
- Knowledge and understanding of global regulatory chemical information would be a strong advantage.
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with at all levels of the organisation.
- Knowledge of plastics legislation and the plastics industry would be advantageous.
- Any knowledge of Six Sigma methodology would be beneficial.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for this role Technical Administrator role please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 2839956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH22994 in all correspondence.
Tags: chemistry jobs, English language, English literature, history, jobs north west, plastics, report writing, report writing jobs, report writing north west, technical administrator, Technical Administrator jobs, Technical Administrator north west, Technical Administrator uk, technical coordinator