Select which category you are interested in:
Hazpack Chemist – West Midlands
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Hazpack Chemist to join a waste management company based in the West Midlands on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Hazpack Chemist, the main purpose of your role will be to efficiently receive, process and despatch incoming wastes through a hazardous waste treatment and transfer facility. Paramount to the role is that waste is assessed and handled in an approved manner ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental compliance are met whilst demonstrating continuous improvement in productivity, plant availability and the quality of materials produced.
Further responsibilities of this Hazpack Chemist will include:
- Hazardous waste packing
- Visiting customer’s sites
- Identifying, sampling and sorting waste materials into different hazard categories for onward disposal
- Liaising with our sales and technical departments to ensure completion
- When not off-site, required to provide active support in Transfer Station with waste acceptance and dispatch
- Support sales staff by sourcing and providing disposal costs.
As a Hazpack Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- HNC or equivalent Chemistry qualification as a minimum (with GCSE or equivalent in Maths & English – essential)
- Experience in the waste management industry – essential
- Full, clean driving license – essential
- Willingness to travel within the UK for business meetings and project work at other locations including overnight stays from time to time – essential
- IT literate – comfortable using business software and systems
- Good time management skills; organised with the ability to simplify complex issues
- Analytical with the ability to measure & monitor data and take appropriate corrective action
- Able to able to communicate at all levels, both in verbal & written form
- Industrial experience in chemical waste handling
- Knowledge of environmental legislation
- Good communication, analytical and time keeping skills are essential.
- IOSH or other safety qualifications desired
- Management training or qualifications desired
- Hazardous treatment & Transfer CoTC desired
- Writing SOPs & risk assessments desired
- Knowledge of existing and impending environmental and health and safety legislation desired
- Legal requirements for transferring non / hazardous waste & knowledge of recycling processes & outlets
As Hazpack Chemist you will be working with a waste management company based in the West Midlands.
- There is a primary requirement for travel within the UK for work at other locations including customer premises, including overnight stays from time to time
- Although generally operating in the Midlands, flexible working is required as you may occasionally be working Nationwide depending on the size of the job and other sites’ staff cover.
- This is a response-based role and hours are unlikely to be standard 9-5.
For more information or to apply for this Hazpack Chemist position please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email email@example.com . Alternatively please click on the link to apply onlinenow. Please quote reference SH26326 in all correspondence. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential.