Transfer Station Chemist - N,West
Date Posted: Thursday, 7th of March 2013
Start Date: ASAP
Telephone: 0114 2839956
Consultant Name: Hannah Milward
Sector: Waste Management
Hannah Milward at CK Science is recruiting for a Transfer Station Chemist on a temporary to permanent basis. The Transfer Station Chemist will be based in Kirkby working for a leading waste management organisation.
As Transfer Station Chemist the^main purpose to discharge assigned responsibilities and carry out designated duties in accordance with all Company policies and procedures.
Further responsibilities of this Transfer Station Chemist will be:
- To sample and test incoming loads, grade material, ensure safe segregation of waste streams in accordance to HSG71.
- To ensure site license, working plan and storage conditions regarding waste treatment and transfer are adhered to
- To ensure effective operation of all site processes
- To test for and identify treatment processes for all incoming drummed waste
- To sample all processes on site and complete daily analysis records
- To liaise with Management regarding the inputs to the site and where necessary make recommendations based on chemical knowledge
- To ensure that all records are accurate and up to date
- To work closely with site operations, customer services and sales
- To maintain and update local site procedures
- To investigate alternative treatment methods available on the site
As Transfer Station Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Possess a HNC qualification in Chemistry or related discipline
- Previous experience of working in a laboratory environment
- Possess excellent communication, planning and organisation skills and be a good team player
- Flexible approach
For more information or to apply for the Transfer Station Chemist position please contact Hannah Milward on 0114 2839956 or^email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH26365 in all correspondence.
Keywords - Hannah Milward, Transfer Station Chemist jobs in North West, waste management jobs, north west jobs