Senior Reagent Scientist
CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Reagent Scientist to join rapidly growing research and development company at their site based in Stirling on a permanent.
Our client is offering an opportunity to be involved in transforming In Vitro Diagnostic testing and providing next generation of healthcare. Due to continued growth of our client's business they are looking for proactive, experience and enthusiastic individuals who can help make a significant contribution to the continued success of the business.
This role is located at their state of the art facility based in Stirling. There are good transport links and the site is easily accessible from the M9. Stirling is a desirable place to live and work and is easily commutable from Glasgow, Edinburgh or Dundee.
Senior Reagent Scientist Role:
This role is mainly hands on lab based but you will also lead a team of scientists and technicians in the development and preparation of reagents for assays.Your main duties will be:
- Lead the development of key reagent activities to optimise performance such as:
- Coupling chemistries used in preparation of antibody coated microparticles.
- Coupling chemistries used in preparation of fluorophore labelled conjugates.
- Lead the development of scaleable reagents processes and facilitate transfer to manufacturing.
- Lead the design, development and qualification of in process tests to track and trend performance of assay reagents.Your Background:
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Line management experience.
- Experience in protein and surface chemistry processes, protein to protein coupling, and protein to surface coupling.
- Experience and understanding of characterisation techniques used to assess performance of antibody conjugates and microparticles.
- Protein purification and analysis.
For more information or to apply for this Senior Scale Up Scientist position, please contact Georgia Bernard on 0191 384 8906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job ref 48445.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.