Quality Assurance Manager, TS16949, Derbyshire
Date Posted: Wednesday, 12th of September 2012
Start Date: ASAP
Telephone: 0114 2839956
Location: Derbyshire with travel to Essex
Consultant Name: Victoria Walker
Victoria Walker is recruiting for a Quality Assurance Manager to handle the TS16949 quality standard for a coatings manufacturer based in Derbyshire, on a full time, permanent basis.
Please note that travel to Essex will be required approximately^once a week, and experience with TS16949 is an essential requirement for this role.
As a QA Manager, the main purpose of your role will be to be responsible for investigating and providing corrective action and implementing robust counter measures^to reduce customer complaints and internal quality non-conformances, as well as actively participating in the internal audit process. You will also play an important role in the new product development process, by initiating APQP activities and maintaining documentation.
Further responsibilities of this Quality Assurance Manager will include:
• Developing PPAP Packages, including flow charts, control plans, PSW, PSO documentation, etc.
• Maintain the document control system.
• Perform CPK, Gage R&R and other studies as required
• Participate in internal audits
• Work in close co-operation with technical and manufacturing personnel and management.
• Assist the General Manager with Product Integrity as required
As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• A good understanding of the TS16949 Quality standard.
• Experience with APQP assessments and/or PPAP submittals or reviews.
• Proven experience and a thorough knowledge of APQP and PPAP.
• A degree or equivalent in Engineering / Manufacturing / Chemistry with an excellent understanding of quality management practices.
• Knowledge of quality concepts including process control, analysis, and ISO9000.
• Strong^communication and team skills to work with all levels of management and customers.
• Advanced computer skills, good oral and written communication ability
• Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment or in the quality field is desired.
• The successful candidate may have a background in plastic component manufacture and /or production line painting processes for the automotive industry.
• Knowledge of coatings technology will be useful but not mandatory.
As Quality Assurance Manager you will be handling the TS16949 quality standard for a coatings manufacturer based in Derbyshire.
- This is a newly created role; no previous incumbent although the H&S team currently handle the TS16949 standard
- Looking to appoint ASAP
- Travel to the company’s head office in Essex will be required approximately once a week
For more information or to apply for this Quality Assurance Manager position please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email email@example.com . Alternatively please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH25137 in all correspondence.
Keywords:^ Quality Assurance Manager , QA Manager, coatings manufacture, chemistry recruitment, science recruitment, Victoria Walker, Derbyshire, paint, automotive coatings, Essex, TS16949, APQP, PPAP