Materials Scientist - Polymers, Northants
Date Posted: Wednesday, 15th of May 2013
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000
Start Date: ASAP
Telephone: 01438 723 500
Consultant Name: Andrew Bolton
Andrew Bolton at CK Science is recruiting for a Materials Scientist to join a leading Chemical & Polymer Materials Manufacturer at their site in Northamptonshire on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Materials Scientist, you will be joining their^Applications Team working on their adhesive & composites material products. Your duties will include:
- Carrying out development of new applications for the organisations materials.
- Carrying out mechanical & physical testing of materials in support of internal & customer teams e.g. Tensile, Tear, Friction & Seal Strength etc.
- Providing technical support to manufacturing teams during scale up of new products.
- Liaising closely with internal (manufacturing, R&D, commercial & technical service) & external (customers & suppliers) teams on technical issues & application support.
As a Material Scientist, you will have the following qualifications, skills & experience:
- A qualification in Materials Science / Engineering, Mechancial Engineering, Chemistry or a relevant discipline (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated experience in an application development, application support or materials testing / evaluation function gained within industry or further higher education.
- Working knowledge of ‘physical’ polymer materials such as Adhesives, Composites, Rubbers, Plastics, Resins, Epoxys etc.
As a Materials Scientist, you will be joining a leading name in providing polymer materials to the Construction, Energy, Chemical, Automotive and related industries. In return they offer a salary of between £24,000 - £28,000 depending on experience, coupled with excellent benefits.
For more information or to apply to the role of Material Scientist, please contact Andrew Bolton at CK Science on 01438 723500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Quoting reference: ST26411). Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the^EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST26411 in all correspondence.