Microbiology Technician - Wolverhampton
Date Posted: Monday, 4th of March 2013
Salary: £13,000 - £15,000
Start Date: ASAP
Telephone: 0114 2839956
Consultant Name: Hannah Milward
Hannah Milward at CK Science is recruiting for a Microbiology Technician on a temporary to permanent basis. The Microbiology Technician will be based in Wolverhampton working for a leading analytical testing services to clients from a wide range of industries including the pharmaceutical, food and environmental sectors.
As Microbiology Technician the main purpose of your role will be to analyse samples for a given method using microbiology techniques and to assist in the efficient day-to-day^operation of the laboratory.
Further responsibilities of this Microbiology Technician will include:
- Registration, preparation and analysis of microbiology samples as required.
- Preparation of media and media QC in line with methods and standards.
- Reading plates, confirmation and validation of analytical results as required.
- Adhering to documented procedures for all aspects of laboratory work, ensuring that all relevant information concerning samples is recorded, that samples are handled correctly, and that all necessary records and quality data are maintained.
- Reporting and/or calculation of results in accordance with the methods of analysis.
- Maintain turnaround time at >99%, ensuring that daily targets are achieved.
-^Responsible for ensuring that UK health and safety legislation is maintained and helping to ensure that the working environment is kept in a clean and tidy manner with due attention to the careful maintenance of all laboratory fittings and equipment.^
- Work with the team to drive the laboratory forward through continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Quality Manual in order to ensure compliance at all times with the policies, procedures and associated documents which are referred to^in the manual.
- To assist through operating best practice in order to meet the requirements of the UKAS accreditation standard.
As Microbiology Technician, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Microbiology techniques
- Ideally a degree or equivalent in Microbiology or related subject
- Ideally knowledge of UKAS, ISO methods
Please note: The working days for this Microbiology Technician role are Tuesday to Saturday and the working hours are 1pm to 9pm.
For more information or to apply for the Microbiology Technician position please contact Hannah Milward on 0114 2839956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH26392 in all correspondence.
Keywords - Hannah Milward, microbiology jobs in the West Midlands, temporary microbiology jobs, jobs in food analysis