Laboratory Reception Chemist - North West
Date Posted: Thursday, 7th of March 2013
Start Date: ASAP
Telephone: 0114 2839956
Location: North West
Consultant Name: Hannah Milward
Sector: Waste Management
Hannah Milward at CK Science is recruiting for a Laboratory Reception Chemist on a temporary to permanent basis. The Laboratory Reception Chemist will be based in Kirkby working for a leading waste management organisation.
As Laboratory Reception^Chemist the main purpose to discharge assigned responsibilities and carry out designated duties in accordance with all Company policies and procedures.
Further responsibilities of this Laboratory Reception Chemist will be:
- General Laboratory duties including sample preparation, checking paperwork, operate instrumentation (AA, GC-MS, Dionex and XRF), carry out daily analysis both acceptance and pre-acceptance.
- Complete spreadsheets and daily logs.
- To ensure site license, working plan^and storage conditions regarding waste treatment and transfer are adhered to
- To ensure effective operation of all site processes.
- To test for and identify treatment processes for all incoming drummed waste.
- To sample all processes on site and complete daily analysis records.
- To liaise with Plant Manager regarding the inputs to the site and where necessary make recommendations based on chemical knowledge.
- To ensure that all records are accurate and up to date.
- To work closely with site operations, customer services and sales.
- To maintain and update local site procedures.
- To investigate alternative treatment methods available on the site.
As Laboratory Reception Chemist, you will have the following qualifications,^skills and experience:
- Possess a HND qualification in Chemistry or related discipline
- Previous experience of working in a laboratory environment
- Possess excellent communication, planning and organisation skills and be a good team player
- Flexible approach
For more information or to apply for the Laboratory Reception Chemist position please contact Hannah Milward on 0114 2839956 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been^shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH26364 in all correspondence.
Keywords - Hannah Milward, laboratory reception chemist jobs in North West, waste management jobs, north west jobs