CK Group are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Analyst to join a fast growing dynamic and successful team within a FTSE 100 company based in Farnborough.
This well known company provides quality and quantity measurement, inspection, and laboratory testing services to the global oil, gas, petrochemical, petroleum refining and distribution, natural gas, biofuels, marine, and chemical industries. This role is offered on a full time permanent basis and comes with a salary of £18,000 - £25,000 dependant on experience.
This company has one of the largest networks of analytical testing laboratories in the world. Using advanced analytical technologies, the experienced chemists, material scientists, technicians and lab managers provide clients with key purity and component testing, able to measure elements and compounds into the parts-per-trillion level.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to analyse greases and lubricants within the test laboratories.
Further responsibilities include:
- Undertaking and coordinating testing using established test methods;
- Interpretation of test data and provision of meaningful conclusions based on test results;
- Providing advice to customers on results of testing and other issues relating to product analysis;
- Maintenance of existing test equipment and developing/commissioning of new test methods and equipment as required;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant quality and accreditation procedures.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Good IT literacy skills (including Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Previous experience of working in a laboratory environment ideally within the fuels and lubricants sector
- Demonstrable laboratory experience with experimental test methods
- Full driving license
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Motivated, self-starter
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Confident communicator (written, email, text & oral) and able to build rapport, quickly and effectively
- Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in order to meet the demands of the role
The company would also consider taking on candidates with a chemistry degree without industrial experience as long as they are enthusiastic and willing to learn.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 46658 in all correspondence.