CK Science are exclusively recruiting for a Chemist to join a chemicals manufacturing company at their site based near Dartford, on a full time permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is an industrial manufacturer of cleaning, maintenance and surface treatment products. They are now looking for an experienced Chemist to join their small team who will work with and reporting to the Company Chemist. Salary will be depending on experience and occasional travel will be required to meet with customers when required.
Location: This Chemist role is located in near Dartford and is easily commutable by road from surrounding areas including central and east London, Essex (e.g. Romford) and Kent (e.g. Gravesend).
Chemist Role: Your main duties will be:
- Research and development to improve and extend product range. Modifying old formulas to make more environmentally friendly.
- Testing and analysis of batch samples.
- Preparing batches on software, allocation of batch numbers and storing samples.
- Some stock control and purchasing raw materials.
- Liaising with sales personnel to discuss market trends.
- Keeping up to date with legislation: REACH, COSHH, Biological Products Directive, etc. as well as updating MSDS and Product Data Sheets.
- Closely working with the manufacturing manager and staff to oversee and help with production.
- Toxicology submissions to major customers.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Chemistry.
- Preferably industry-based experience of formulating chemicals and performing pH testing, viscosity, specific gravity, visual colour checks, titrations.
- Full colour vision is required due to the requirement for visual colour checking.
- NEBOSH qualification would be an advantage.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Chemist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference 48421.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.