Top Time Management Tips
Do you want to make better use of your time in your science job? Here’s how!
- Write a to-do list: Make a list of all the tasks you need to complete during the day – and stick to it! Divide your list into A, B and C priorities (A = the highest priority). Always start with your highest priority task. Also, include a designated time frame for each task and stick to it.
- Take a break: When you find yourself with nothing to do – relax! Once you have taken a bit of time out you will go back to work feeling energized and positive.
- Use your time wisely: Maybe it’s a good idea if you decide to only access your emails at certain times in the day – therefore giving you some uninterrupted work time. When you do access your emails – only do so when you have time to both read it and take action.
- Get organized: My organizing both your desk and your computer files, you will avoid wasting time looking for information.
- Avoid unwanted disruptions: If you have a door to your office, close it occasionally. Likewise if a colleague comes to your desk for a chat, politely organise a more convenient time to catch up.
- Cancel unnecessary meetings: Are all your meetings absolutely necessary? If they are, create an agenda and stick to it.
Achieve a healthy work life balance: Click here for some great tips to help you achieve just that.