How to Take Control in Your Interview
Unfortunately, not all interviewers are trained interview techniques. Many can be unprepared and inexperienced. Some will not ask you the right questions and manage the interview effectively to help you give the best impression.
Here are some tips to help you take control of the interview and put yourself in the best possible light:
- Guide the interview – Perhaps offer to talk the interviewer through your CV – referring back to the job description to highlight your expertise.
- Interview you Interviewer – If you feel the interview is floundering, don’t wait until the end of the interview to start asking your questions.
- Be prepared – Always bring a couple of copies of your CV with you to the interview, just in case the interviewer forgets.
- Keep calm – If you asked some unexpected questions not matter how unsuitable they might be, simply ask for some thinking time and will stop you from blurting out anything inappropriate.
- 14 Signs Your Interview Went Well+ Youtube video!
- 25 Interview Mistakes + Youtube video!
- Assessment Centre Tips + Youtube video!
- Before and during your interview
- Chemistry Industry Interview Tips + Youtube video!
- Dress to Impress At Your Interview
- How to Take Control in Your Interview
- Interview Preparation
- Planning the journey to your interview
- Questions You Should & Shouldn’t Ask Your Interviewer
- Technology Industry Interview Advice + Youtube video!
- Telephone Interview Tips
- The STAR Interview Technique + Youtube video!