Dress to Impress At Your Interview
First impressions are everything, so make sure you dress to impress at your scientific job interview. After all, the harsh reality is that if you don’t look the part, you could slash your chances of getting the perfect science job for you.
The way you dress says a lot about you – If you are well groomed and presented and take pride in your appearance, this indicates to your potential scientific employer that you will also take pride in your work.
Need a few pointers? Here are a few tips to help you dress for success at your scientific interview:
Tips for men:
- Wear a smart suit that is not easily wrinkled.
- Don’t wear a crazy tie – keep it professional and simple.
- Wear smart, polished shoes – no trainers please!
- Don’t go overboard on the aftershave.
- Make sure your hair is clean, neat and tidy.
- Avoid having piercings and tattoos on display
Tips of women:
- Don’t wear a short skirt- knee length or below is perfect.
- Wear a conservative suit.
- Choose sensible footwear – no platforms or stilettos!
- Wear underwear that matches your top half – wearing a black bra with a white blouse is not a good look!
- If you want to wear jewellery, keep it simple.
- Check those tights for ladders and holes.
- Avoid having piercings and tattoos on display.
- 14 Signs Your Interview Went Well+ Youtube video!
- 25 Interview Mistakes + Youtube video!
- Assessment Centre Tips + Youtube video!
- Before and during your interview
- Chemistry Industry Interview Tips + Youtube video!
- Dress to Impress At Your Interview
- How to Take Control in Your Interview
- Interview Preparation
- Planning the journey to your interview
- Questions You Should & Shouldn’t Ask Your Interviewer
- Technology Industry Interview Advice + Youtube video!
- Telephone Interview Tips
- The STAR Interview Technique + Youtube video!