Interface Scientist/ Engineer
ACAL Energy Ltd is the world’s leading developer of low cost Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) Fuel Cells systems, powered by ACAL Energy’s proprietary platinum free cathode technology (FlowCath®).
Based in North Cheshire, they are now recruiting for an Interface Scientist/ Engineer to join their team and are currently working on an exclusive basis with CK Science for this recruitment campaign.
The objective of this role is to investigate the nature of mass transfer, interface formation and oxidation kinetics of the FlowCath® system. The successful candidate will have strong technical ability in interface science, particularly in formation and breakage of gas-liquid interfaces. The position reports to the Chemical Engineering group leader and will be working with a team of five other engineers/scientist and across the other technical groups in the company.
The major challenges will be:
- To learn the novel aspects of FlowCath® technology and its application to PEM-FC
- To deliver next generation oxidation systems that meet a challenging product development time scales
- To apply engineering and physical chemistry knowledge within the constraints of size, parasitic power, physical properties and chemical kinetics
- To become an integrated part of a strong scientific and engineering team
The ideal candidate:
Technical skills and knowledge required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in chemical engineering/ physical chemistry with laboratory or industrial experience supporting the energy or chemical sectors; or to PhD level or equivalent in physical science or engineering
- Highly numerate
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Excellent understanding of chemical and physical processes in gas liquid interface formation
- Good project-management skills
- Experimental design and experimentation skills
Experience gained within the water treatment industry, personal care FMCG, or oil/gas processing would be advantageous.
Personal skills and attributes:
You will be working in a diverse team environment and so your communication and team working skills should be well developed. You will have strong attention to detail and a systematic approach to problem solving. Confident in taking the initiative and tackling real-world problems, you will also be enthusiastic and interested in science and engineering.
ACAL Energy is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all who meet our selection criteria. www.acalenergy.co.uk
How to apply:
ACAL Energy are recruiting through CK Science, please direct enquiries to Vicki Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0114 2839956, or via our website, www.ckscience.co.uk quoting the relevant reference number.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is desirable
Please quote reference SH22357 in all correspondence.