Based in North Cheshire, they are now recruiting for an Organic Chemist to join their team and are currently working on an exclusive basis with CK Science for this recruitment campaign.
The job purpose of this role will be to provide organic chemistry expertise and to play a leading role in the design and synthesis of next generation catalyst and mediator materials offering improved fuel cell performance.
The major challenges and key accountabilities of the role will be:
- Identify and design target molecules to meet requirements for improved fuel cell performance.
- Design and execute synthetic routes to target molecules, with consideration of commercial implications.
- Fully characterise target molecules and conduct preliminary evaluation of properties.
- Identify patent opportunities and assist with filing patents.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant external sources of expertise.
The ideal candidate:
Technical skills and knowledge required:
- Expertise in organic chemistry and practical chemical synthesis, with enthusiasm for laboratory working.
- Educated to PhD level or equivalent in Organic Chemistry.
- Considerable experience of research and development chemistry in the field of organic chemistry, with a significant proportion of this spent in an industrial setting, having demonstrated a significant input towards target selection and route design.
- Proven ability to identify and design target materials fulfilling given criteria and design and execute practical synthetic routes to these.
- Understanding of ligand design and coordination chemistry may be advantageous.
- Demonstrable record of frequent and high quality publication in the form of patents and/or papers.
- Competent user of literature searching tools
- Personal skills and attributes:
- Team player with well developed communication skills.
- Self motivated with personal characteristics to quickly integrate and make an impact within a team environment.
- Results oriented and standards driven, focused on delivery.
- Capable of proposing, justifying and prioritising work based on team targets and company needs.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Able to demonstrate a practical approach to problem solving, using both systematic and creative thinking.
- Desire to see technical advancements through to completion.
ACAL Energy is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all who meet our selection criteria. www.acalenergy.co.uk
How to apply:
ACAL Energy are recruiting through CK Science, please direct enquiries to Vicki Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0114 2839956, or via our website, www.ckscience.co.uk quoting the relevant reference number.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is desirable
Please quote reference SH23205 in all correspondence.